Re: Problem with __attribute__ (interrupt)

>>>I recall that Mark Barada (sorry if I have the name wrong) was in the
>>>process of trying to ensure that all or some of the Coldfire specific
>>>patches were going to get ported to V3 of gcc.
>>

>> That's Peter Barada :-)
>
>Oops sorry... Oh well... At least I spelt your last name correctly!

No problem...

>> That's still the plan, but the amount of other work I have going on is
>> slowing things down...  I've got a gcc-3.0.4 that produced valid
>> ColdFire v3/v4/v4e code, but still has a couple of bugs (miscompiles
>> strcmp/strncmp from the Linux Kernel).  I'm planning on migrating
>> these changes into gcc-3.2 and then release them.
>
>Are these going to go back into the mainline gcc code base ?

Yes, I'm planning on getting the ColdFire v3/v4/v4e support back into
the FSF trees once I get a procedure that the lawyers can sign off.  I
know that my changes won't make gcc-3.3(due to gcc-3.3's release
schedule), but I'm hoping to get them into gcc-3.4 if I can get enough
time before the end of the year to complete and integrate all of the
changes.

BTW, I'll be hunting for beta testers this fall that want to try out
the code, preferably ones that will tell me much more than "it doesn't
work for me"...  Do I hear any volunteers?

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)