Re: problem building cross compiler for arm-linux under cygwin

Joan,

It is a difficult trick to build glibc for the first time when putting
together a cross-compiler.  I have successfully done this for the
PowerPC.  The process may be somewhat similar for the ARM.  If you are
interested you can see my procedure at:

	http://qslinux.org/qslinux_2_4

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Daris Nevil
SNMC

jxiong@esteemnetworks.com wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>         I have a question about building cross compilers.
>         Here are the sources I used:
>                 binutils-2.12.90.0.3
>                 gcc-2.95.3
>                 gcc-2.95.3.diff
>                 glibc-2.2.4
>                 glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4
>
>         host: cygwin run on win2000
>         target: arm-linux
>
>         If I want to build glibc,GCC should be compiled for two times,
> But when I fist compile it use the following configure:
>         ../gcc-2.95.3/configure --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/
> armle/ --disable-shared --disable-threads --enable-languages="c"
>         make
>
>         There are errors.You can see the attachment named "makeout".
>
>         I think the problem exits here:
>         checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
>         checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>         checking for sys/file.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
>
>         Because I have used the same sources and the same configure commands
> under linux ,everything is OK. So I compare the output under these two conditions
> It seems that these kind of "checking" is not the same.
>         Why these happen? They both run the same "configure" script in
> gcc-2.95.3/libiberty/.
>
>         Wish your help.I even now begin to reseach the configure script, but nothing
> do help.
>
>                                                                                         joan
>                                                                                                   jxiong@esteemnetworks.com
>
> ------