from gdb on a Mac to BDM on a 68332?

Hi,

I've built a gcc cross-compiler on Darwin (Mac OS X) and am now looking for a way to do cross-debugging from gdb to a 68332 target via BDM. There are a number of hurdles here.

1) Has anyone done this from Mac OS X?
2) How do I configure gdb to use a USB port (late Mac's have only USB and FireWire ports)?
3) Will I likely have to develop my own USB drivers (IOKit?)?
4) Do I have to build a custom USB <-> BDM device? Are there any commercial ones available?
5) Should I instead use a USB <-> RS232 converter and then something from RS-232 <-> BDM? What?

I suspect there will be a long road ahead before my goal is realized. Thanks for any input to get me going.

David