Re: Need help configuring uclibc as a native compiler for mipsel

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Joel Coltoff wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Yves Rutschle wrote:
>

> > I don't think uclibc is a standard target (ie one you could
> > build gcc for with:
> > ./configure --target=ppc-uclibc-linux
> > or something like that)
> > But you could try specifying an alternate CC:
> > CC=ppc-uclibc-gcc ./configure --target=ppc-linux
>
> It's not a standard but there are scripts to fake it. They use
> mipsel-linux and pass --program-transform-name to configure. There's
> also some other mods that take place.

You may want to look at the "extras" directory for the xxx-uclibc-gcc
scripts.  These scripts are just wrappers.  I don't always suggest using
them though.  It may be easier to see what they are doing and making minor
modifications the specs file to acheive what you want.

Faisal