Re: Need help configuring uclibc as a native compiler for mipsel

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:33:27AM -0400, Joel Coltoff wrote:
> I need the standard libraries there to
> run the existing compiler. This is an embedded system with only 8Mb
> set aside for OS stuff. I don't have the space for two versions of
> the libraries.

I am not sure I understand. You want to build a compiler,
that will fit in 8Mb, to ship  on a board to customers?

Aside the obvious question of why you would want to do that,
I don't think you can fit gcc in 8Mb...

> I understand all that. The compiler I want to build needs to be linked
> against uClibc so that when it runs it doesn't look in /lib for libc-2.2.5.so
> and so on. I don't know if there is an option to configure to tell it how
> to do this. I suppose I could do a configure and then edit the Makefiles to
> do statically link against the uClibc files but that is also something I'm
> not 100% sure how to do.

I don't think uclibc is a standard target (ie one you could
build gcc for with:
./configure --target=ppc-uclibc-linux
or something like that)
But you could try specifying an alternate CC:
CC=ppc-uclibc-gcc ./configure --target=ppc-linux

No garantees though...

HTH
/Y