Re: [BusyBox] Is it a cross-compiler problem?

Actually, this is not a strange problem but pretty "normal" when  you
dive into the uglier parts of building cross development tools.
Well, since they are pretty "normal", I may be able to persuade my boss not try to build them by ourselves, but just use ELDK. ;) A tough task though. :(

Well, if you look at the build scripts (the  RPM  "spec"  files  plus
patches)  of our ELDK you'll see some differences... The problem with
most of those "build scripts"  is  that  they  miss  some  tiny,  but
essential details.
I'm trying to find out what these tiny details are. Any help? I just looked at those files and found that many patches are dealing with ELDK-specific installation and working enviroment, e.g. setting 'COMPILE_ENVIRONMENT'.

Well, then dump your version of cross tools, and continue to use  the
ELDK.  That's  what  we  made  it  for.  Or  if  you really feel like
recompiling, recompile the ELDK using the provided build scripts.
Not the recompiling but wants to know how and what.

Everybody has seen such problems, I think. And a _lot_  of  work  has
been spent to get working tools. Use these.
Yeah. Thank you for providing free working cross tools. :)

- Shawn.