Re: any help? problems of making cross-complier for v850-nec-elf on cygwin

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:07:20AM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> notice the system include paths, one of them is
> /home/terui/gcc-3.0.4/newlib/libc/include
>
> normally this path does not exist.  but if you put a symlink to newlib
> inside gcc-3.0.4 that will fix it.
>
> I do not know why configure does not generate proper include pathnames,
> but I have used the symlink trick as a workaround.

Because somebody might want to build gcc targeting another
library than newlib. Glibc comes to mind for example.

Therefore it would be questionnable to tie gcc to a
particular C library. It is part of the normal build process
to provide gcc with the target library and header files.

(argueably, gcc's configure could find out that you have
newlib in the source tree and automatically use it, but then
those using Glibc would be jealous :-) ).

/Y