Has anyone developed a cross-compiler for his processor using GCC tools?

Hi,

The GCC packages provide cross compilers for only some widely used processors such as MIPS and ARMS. Let's say I have designed a target processor and I want to develop a cross compiler for it on my Suns solaris system. Is it possible to do that using GCC tools? Have anyone done it before?

If I only want to build a compiler for it but not an assembler for it using GCC tools. Is this possible?

Thank you.

New Wei Lee