Help about the S-Record

Hi,
    I meet some problem When I try to convert  a linux kernel from elf format to S-Record format. When I convert the kernel to  MS binary and download to the target board, the kernel work very well. But when I use S-Record, it always died in the driver codes I added into the kernel. I think there may be some problem in my codes.But why it is different between MS binary and S-Record for the same elf file?  If objcopy need some specific requirement to the elf file? Has anyone meet this situation? Help! Thanks very much!

Hzeng