Re: linker question: rtti/exception functions

>This does not only add to code size, which is an issue in embedded systems,
>but also introduces some unresolved references to malloc, free, abort
>etc. which I do not have nor need otherwise. I think I have tried the
>obvious things: invoking gcc instead of g++, giving -fno-rtti etc. on
>the linker invocation, but all this did not change anything.
>
>Does anybody know if it is possible to get rid of this (or, how this
>comes about)?
>
>Any hint or explanation is greatly appreciated.

You can find the trail of why they get called in by producing a linker
map (pass -Wl,-Map,file.map to gcc/g++ to generate file.map) which
contains in it the list of files that are pulled in, and because of
which symbol.  Once you start looking at the chain of you can figure out
the why part...

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)