Re: Problem with GNU AS and assembly for ARM

> Hi all!
>
> I'm working with cross-gcc and related tools for an
> arm-elf target and I'm trying to port some asssembly code,
> that was successfully accepted by Arm SDT compiling
> tools, to gnu tools built for ARM and running under cygwin.
>
> Here is the error message I found:
> (I found a lot of similar error... :-( )
>
> filename.s: Assembler messages:
> filename.s:58: Error: Internal_relocation (type 208) not fixed up
>                (IMMEDIATE)
>
> where the error line code is:
>     orr     r2, r2, #HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE
>
> The value of #HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE is defined in the file
> config.inc with the line:
> 	.equ	HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE,0x00001000
>
> and this assembly include file is included in "filename.s"
> at the beginning:
> #include "config.inc"

Well this file:

        .equ    HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE,0x00001000

        .text

a:
        orr     r2, r2, #HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE

assembles fine for me; but you can provoke the same error by deleting the
first line.

I think that somehow your constant is not being defined as you think.

R.