RE: Newlib-1.9.0 doesn't build for PPC (target libsim.a)

  Yes.  Absolutely.  Nothing is obvious to someone just starting out in
this field, it is very complex, the information is not all available in
one place, there is very much out-of-date information around.  Ideally
a compiler should be useable by someone who knows C but has no idea of the
underlying internals; that goal will be some way off for the GNU toolchain,
but it is still an ideal to aim at.

  I will finish the article I started writing a long time ago and left in
draft about target libs and header files and what they are for and why
they are needed, and post it here soon for criticism, improvements, and to
go in the FAQ.  I really should have got on with doing this a long time ago.

       DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com