RE: Porting GCC for Motorola MBX860 using MPC860?

  If you say so.  That library contains the entire vxworks OS, not just
the BSP you know ?  You really don't want any of it ?  Then yes, you
should build a new compiler from the source.

>So, now I'd like to port GNU CC cross compiler for the target machine
>Motorola MBX860 using MPC860.
>Would it be enough to give "--target=powerpc-elf" or
>""--target=powerpc-eabi" to generate GCC compiler for target PPC860?
>The GCC source's version is 2.9.3.

  Yeah, that would work.  You'd need to build the code using newlib
instead of the vxworks header files.  And you'd want powerpc-eabi,
definitely.  It seems powerpc-elf actually means SysV!

        DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com