RE: arm-elf cross compiler problem with newlib

    Hi Ananda,

  The best bet is always to send it to the list, then whoever feels best
able to deal with it is most likely to reply :)  Many heads are always
better than one!

>but here goes anyway:
>
>I'm trying to replace the interrupt handler functionality _irq
>(declared as function declaration keyword ) provided by the
>ARM tools (now that I have the GNU cross compiler !!!).
>Well I guess there are some ways to do this but one of the
>ways seems to be the usage of the __attribute__((interrupt))or
>__attribute__((interrupt_handler,sp_switch("glvar")))
>but my cross compiler does not seem to recognize these attribute names:
>
>/ARM720T.h:160: warning: `interrupt' attribute directive ignored

  Ah.  Yeh, I remember reading about various patches for several different
targets to add __attribute__ ((interrupt)).  Gcc only supports it for the
M32R/D and SH series cpus by default, but it is a popular feature and many
people have written patches to add it to other targets.  Can I suggest you
try a search of the mailing list archives at the Gcc site

 http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html

and the cygnus / redhat site

 http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html

because I'm pretty sure that's where i stumbled across them, and if you
can't find it after a good go at that send another mail to the list and
we'll try and track it down collectively :)

   cheers,
      DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com