Re: Cross-compile for win32 on linux (newbie question)

Michael:

> I'm new to this list and new to cross-comiling. Can somebody here
> point me to the instructions how to create a cross-compile
> environment for win32 target under linux (preferably using gcc3.x)?
> As I understand I have to recompile gcc and binutils with proper
> target, but what else might be necessary?

First, you have to decide what environment your cross-compiled
programs will run under on the win32 box: cygwin, or mingw.  I would
try them both at some point, but start with Cygwin.

Search the mailing list archives for more on the exact procedure, but
it generally follows the procedure for other cross-tools *except*
that, at least in the case of Cygwin, you get the header files you
need from the cygwin project, and I have no idea what you do for a
runtime library.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff