Please help me.

How do you do.
 I am an engineer in Japan.

 Now, I am worried of that how to installing GCC cross-compiler for ARM.
 I have failed in all though constructed many times.
 Please help me.

 The environment is as follows.
 Cygwin         : 1.3.2
 GCC            : gcc-core-3.0.1
                      gcc-g++-3.0.1
 BINUTILS    : binutils-2.11.2
 NEWLIB      : newlib-1.9.0

 HOST          : Windows98 machine  (i586-pc-cygwin)
 TARGET      : ARM7 for embedded

 And, the construction method is as follows.

STEP1
     Configure & Install the GNU binary utilities.

     1  ./configure  --prefix=/tools          \
                          --target=arm-elf

     2  make cross
     3  make install

STEP2
     1 cd /src/gcc-3.0.1
     2 ln -s /src/newlib-1.9.0/newlib
     3 ln -s /src/newlib-1.9.0/libgloss

STEP3
     Configure & Install the GCC.

      1  ./configure  --prefix=/tools
                           --target=arm-elf
\
                           --enable-languages=c,c++
\
                           --enable-multilib
\
                           --with-gnu-as
\
                           --with-gnu-ld
\

--with-include-headers=/src/newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/include     \
                           --with-gnu-newlib

      2  make cross
      3  make install

STEP4
     Configure & Install the newlib.

      1  ./configure   --prefix=/tools        \
                            --target=arm-elf

      2  make
      3  make install

 The following errors occurred when the my program was compiled
 by the GCC compiler which constructed with these steps.

      startup.o: undefined reference to `_SS_SoftwareInterrupt'
      startup.o: undefined reference to `_SS_AbortPrefetch'
      startup.o: undefined reference to `_SS_AbortData'
      startup.o: undefined reference to `_SS_Reserved'
      startup.o: undefined reference to `_SS_Irq'
      startup.o: In function `_jump_to_main':
      startup.o: undefined reference to `_main'
      main.o:     In function `main':

 Perhaps, I think that the made compiler is not for embedded.
 Because, the function of which these errors go out is an exception
handling.(interrupt function)

 To tell the truth, I have the compiler which does not support thumb.
 The error does not go out when only the execution file(c, c++) is replaced.
 Moreover, when the execution files are compared, the execution file which I
constructed is smaller.
 (ex.)
                                           constructed                    had
          arm-elf-c++                    213k                          579k
          arm-elf-gcc                     210k                          575k

 I do not understand the option when the configuration is done.
 Please teach it.