RE: testsuites classification

  Since you're using the 3.0 testsuite with 2.95.3, an awful lot of these
failures will be down to the C99 language features that were added in 3.0;
the tests for these are bound to fail on 2.95 since that was pre-C99.  So
there's an awful lot of those FAILs that should really be expected.  I don't
know precisely which tests cover the C99 syntax but if they all lived in
a subdirectory of the testsuite you could easily remove them.

        DaveK
--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and

>> > Now, is there any document which classifies these testsuites ?
>> > ie. which tests must PASS and which may not pass ?
>> > Or does it mean that compiler has 4500 bugs which must be fixed ?
>> It means the compiler is failing 4900 tests.
>> However, this is not an indication of the number of bugs.
>> For the c-torture tests, for instance, unless the test specifies
>> otherwise, each test is compiled 8 times (with different flags each
>> time).
>> Other than that, all tests that aren't XFAIL, should be
>passing (in an
>> ideal world).
>
>I recall that many of the sh-coff tests on gcc-30 from CVS are failing
>due to linker errors.  You really should look at the file
>gcc/testsuite/gcc.log for more details on the failures.  My experience
>is that when the number is this high, they tend to cluster.
>For example,
>last week one VERY minor problem caused about 3600 failures
>for sparc-elf.
>

>> > Arati.
>>
>> --
>> "I'm so hyper...  (Said with a very dull voice.)
>> "-Steven Wright
>>
>> ------
>> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
>http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
>
>--
>Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
>joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
>Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
>Support Available                (256) 722-9985
>
>------
>Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com

the system manager.