RE: libio/stdfiles.c:46: parse error before `_IO_lock_t'

    Hi Alex,

  My home PC was offline for a couple of weeks with a bunch of problems that
I eventually had to reinstall the OS to fix, and I've received your mail
but just haven't worked my way though the backlog yet.  Or have I?  I'm
sure I remember writing something, but it might still be sitting half-done
in my drafts folder.

  Anyway the problem is almost certainly that you need to get and install
autogen, since my patches only provide changes to fixincs' inclhack.def
template script, and autogen is needed to rebuild the fixincs.sh shell
script from the template.  Alas, if you don't have autogen installed, it
just issues a warning and goes ahead using the old out of date fixincs.sh,
which of course then doesn't perform the fixes that I changed in the
template.

  This problem doesn't affect anyone who d'ls the full source archive from
my site, since I built that version on my pc with autogen installed before
releasing it, and so the fixincs.sh is up-to-date relative to the template
file; it only happens if you apply the patches.  I should add the diffs
between the before-and-after version of fixincs.sh to the diff files from
my website I guess, but it could take me a while to get round to.

  If you'd like me to send you a copy of fixincs.sh directly to see if it
works (and to save you downloading that entire huge source archive or the
autogen install), drop me a line off the list.

   cheers,
      DaveK
--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com