Re: unable to x-compile (or howto stop after stage 1)

It'll be helpful if you attach a log of the failure. A build on gcc-xx.x can fail
in a million places and the failure log can provide a wealth of information.
You can also choose to build stage-by-stage by modifying the topmost level
Makefile in the object directory.

-Vinay