Re: arm-elf cross compiler on cygwin - again

andy@softbookpress.com wrote:

> In the meantime I found some instructions at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html
> and rebuilt everything from scratch.
> However the instructions there don't tell you that, in order to actually
> build anything with your cross-compiler you need to build newlib..

I've seen a lot of people referring to these instructions when trying to
build a cross-compiler. These instructions are for building a cross gcc for
use with eCos. You shouldn't use them if you're going to be using the tools
for something else. In future you may need to apply patches that break
things for non-eCos targets.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/