re: AIX Host -> PowerPC Linux

Thanks.  This clears things up quite a bit.

I was unaware of the "-print-search-dirs" option on gcc.  It wasn't
listed in the man page on gcc (that I have installed).

Can you or someone explain a little more how gcc finds the include directory?

Is there a similar default search path for includes?

In other words, when resolving "#include <stdio.h>", where does the
gcc cross compiler look?

I see $prefix/include and $prefix/$target/include (the later is where
I copied the /usr/include from the target machine - maybe this should
have been $prefix/$target/sys-include).  There is also /usr/include,
but these are the include files for the host and I don't want them to
be looked at when using the cross.

Is the include directory hard coded using the --with-headers (a quick
look at the configure script seems to put these in sys-include)?  If
so, then is $prefix/include or $prefix/$target/include searched at
all when doing a cross compile with no other options specified.

Thanks for any more help here.  I am trying to get a handle on this
and there seems to be a bunch of options to consider.

Kevin