RE: EGCS support

>   So if I've followed you right, you want host = build = i586-pc-cygwin,
> because you want to build this compiler under cygwin, and you want it
> to run under cygwin, but you want it to produce output for m68k-linux,
> which is the target.  With target==host, you would get a compiler that
> you could only run on your m68k-linux system, i.e. a native
> compiler that you build by crosscompiling it on build.

The assumption about the environment is correct, I want to be able to
build the cross-compiler with Cygwin to run under Cygwin so that it will
produce executables that can be run on an Atari eventually (or emulator).
In this case I will use the m68k-linux target to compile the kernel.

If use 'host=i586-pc-cygwin', the configure for glib produces:

checking host system type... i586-pc-cygwin
*** The GNU C library is currently not available for this platform.
*** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no volunteer it
*** might never happen.  So, if you have interest to see glibc on
*** this platform visit
***     http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
*** and join the group of porters

When you say 'compiler' in your reply, I thought I was building
libraries and headers separately here and not a compiler (which
I'd be doing under egcs).

When I used newlib to build the m68k-coff target, this seemed
straight-forward, e.g. set up the symbolic link and add '--with-newlib'
to the configuration command. Forgive my naivety but a similar approach
for glibc doesn't seem to be available?

Thanks,

Mark.