RE: Cross to MC68040 from cygwin on PC-NT.

   Hi Mikael,

>Problems when trying to build gcc.
>configure --target=m68k-coff --with-newlib --with-included-gettext

  You should use "--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld" here as well, assuming
that you're using the standard gnu binutils.

>make
>./libgcc1-test.c:101: warning: conflicting types for built-in
>function `memcpy'
>configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .. ./..
>	(Why does make look for the script install.sh when I
>have an install.exe in)
>	(my native compiler and the seekway to it is found.)

  Dunno, but don't worry about it; the gcc build process is complex
and sometimes involves trying something, seeing if it works, and doing
it a different way if it fails.  Since your build doesn't stop at this
point, I think that must be what it is doing here.

>choose-temp.c:29: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>choose-temp.c:30: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
>	(It is possible to change seekways)
>	(in separate files but I dont think it's a good idea.
>Or is it the only way?)
>make[1]: *** [choose-temp.o] Error 1
>make: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2

  This is the well-known target headers problem.  To solve it, you need
to cd into the gcc top level source directory and make links to the
newlib subdirectories:

  cd <path to gcc source>/gcc-2.95.2
  ln -s <path to newlib source>/newlib-1.9.0/newlib newlib
  ln -s <path to newlib source>/newlib-1.9.0/libgloss libgloss

  Then try your build again.  You will have to use

    make LANGUAGES=c all install

to build the C-only compiler, since the full C and C++ and other languages
can't be built until you have newlib available, and you can't build
newlib without a compiler.  Once this is done, configure, make and install
newlib itself; then go back to your gcc build directory and do "make all
install" without the LANGUAGES= flag to build the rest of the compiler.

       DaveK
--
 As I was climbing on the stair
 I met a man who wasn't there