RE: library paths

Thanks for the response Yves.  I've actually seen that -print-search-
dirs command before, but there seems to be some weirdness in it.
It specifies a couple dirs that don't even exist, one of which is
/usr/lib/gcc/...  which happens to be outside my $prefix tree.
I am sure I used the same --prefix value for all stages.  I'm not
sure if this is part of the same problem I'm having, but that /usr/lib
directory is causing me some difficulties.  Here's an email I sent to
the cygwin mailing list which hasn't gotten a response yet.

 I'm having some weird bash behavior that I'm hoping somebody can
 help me out with.  I'm running cygwin on a win2k box, 1.1.8 I think,
 just so you know.

 When I go to the directory /usr in bash, I can't see a lib folder, but
 when I go to that same directory in windows, the lib folder is there.  I
 can create a lib folder in bash and it is visible, but it is a different lib
 folder than reported by windows.  If I then rename the lib folder in
 bash to liba, a liba folder suddenly appears in windows (verifying
 that I am indeed looking at the same directory).  Renaming the
 windows lib folder also makes it appear in bash and removing all lib
 folders from both places to clear the slate and start fresh doesn't
 help.  Has anybody seen anything like this?  Any ideas on how to
 proceed?

Thanks for any help.
-Jim