RE: GCC compiler collection

  No, I think you have misunderstood.

  The parts of the compiler that handle c or c++ are separate from the parts
that handle the target architecture.

  You create a new port that translates RTL into the assembler code of the
new platform, then it works automatically with C *and* C++ and Java and all
the other languages that Gcc supports.

  For your new port, you would make a new subdirectory under gcc/config/
<target>.md, and perhaps some makefile fragments).  Since all the Gcc
languages convert into the same kind of RTL, your new back end then
works automatically with all the languages.

    DaveK
--
"screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates was
addressing an education and technology conference. He was whisked away as

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com