Re: cygwin arm-elf-linux gcc build failure

> From: John Andrews <john@triscend.com>
>
> Thanks Richard!
>
> That was the problem.
>

> > I suspect the problem is that you are trying to use newlib with a Linux
> > target.  Linux builds demand more than the newlib headers provide and so
> > you are running into problems.  If you want a linux target, then you will
> > need to obtain glibc and build with that.
> >
> > Richard.

Of course the real problem is that "newlib" is a way stupid
name for anything.  We used to laugh at the old guy with
an office full of dusty listings all labeled "newest version".

I am not sure who has the power to change the name, but
this list might be able to come up with a more descriptive
name.  John, what name would have made it obvious that
the your first configuration was bad?

I nominate something like "glibc-minimal".

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---