From: Fabrice Gautier [mailto:gautier@email.enst.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 1:02 PM
To: 'Crossgcc@Sources. Redhat. Com'
Subject: Linux target, cygwin host

Hi,

Well i'm still trying to do that. I've followed most of Mummit Khan howto at
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-cross-
howto.txt

The problem I ran into is:

src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No such file or directory

Well I guess I've this problem because i've not installed what Mummit call
the target runtime.

I've not done so because I'm wondering why I need it.

Which headers libgcc2.c needs here? The host headers or the target header.

The host, Cygwin, have those header in /usr/include but is not using them.
And when configuring autoconf seems to find those headers... So what? Do I
really need to install the include from linux glibc - and can I just get the
include dir from glibc sources? Do i really need the librairies too? My next
step is to be abble to build the glibc with my cygwin cross compiler but if
i need to have an already build libc to build the compiler it's less fun...

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier
gautier@email.enst.fr