RE: Linux target, windows host.

That's what I'm looking for, I couldn't find any. Lineo SDK for windows
don't use such a tool (They use VmWare to run native tools) I'm still
waiting an answer from LynuxWorks guys with their VisualLynux.

> however I'm not too sure the benefits of such a compiler over
> a native linux gcc (I don't think crosscompiling should be
> the first choice, if you have the choice of native-compiling...
> but maybe that's because I'm just a wimp).

Well just think of people with small cubicle doing embedded linux. They have
a Windows box because they need it for mail or whatever other project, they
don't want one more box.

> > On another note, if someone has build such a compiler; does
> > he have to
> > make the binary available or only the source?
>
> I don't think so. The GPL tells you to give your source, not
> to provide binaries. As a matter of fact, the FSF doesn't
> normally provide binaries, nor do many GPL'd/OpenSource
> projects.

But if I can't build out-of-the-box a cygwin-hosted i386-linux-targeted gcc
(and apparently I can't), if I need some patch, I guess they should publish
the patch...

--
Fabrice Gautier
gautier@email.enst.fr