RE: gcc compile

Sascha Andres schrieb:
> hi,
> i've build the gcc with the following command line:
>
> there is no crt0.o for arm-elf in the/tools dir.
> so how to compile the missing file(s) ?

>You need to build a cross-newlib too?

Hua: I guess this is no special related to newlib, but with that he didn't
explicitely specify an target OS. With arm-elf configurations, system will
not **AUTOMATICALLY* go for the __start symbol and other part, which is used
for initialization before cpu gives control to __main entry.

My (personal) suggestion is: This is not a error. Leave it, if you are doing
your coding for the raw board without any os support(like linux).

For testing, you can use gcc -msim...., so that you will no problem for
creating an executable and can be run with the powerpc-arm-elf-run, which
should be located in your ./bin directory.

For real development, sure we need provide a start.S in which the __start
entry will be provided. So that our codes can be deploed onto the RAW board.

Wish I am correct(keep my fingers crossed). However, folks, do point out if
I am wrong. I just wish we can grow together!

Hua