RE: GCC Cross-compile to MIPS target (any SO)

> I'm trying to build gcc to target MIPS processors on a
> i386-Linux box. The processor has no
> operating system, so the toolchain I need will end in an
> absolute binary image with the opcodes
> (in intel-hex or motorola-S-records) using objcopy.
>
> I've already read the docs, and the how-to you can find at
> http://www.village.org/villagers/imp/build.html.
> I'm using current snapshot of gcc from CVS (2.97 i think) and
> binutils 2.10.1
>
> The params in configure are --target=mipsel-linuxelf
> --prefix=/gcc-mipsel
> The binutils part goes fine. The problem arises when
> compiling gcc, and i think is because of the libraries.

If you don't have an operating system on the target, then you
most probably do not want to compile for linux.. Nor use glibc.
You should have a try at getting newlib and building with
that one instead.

To build with newlib, I suggest you have a look at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2000-q4/msg00042.html

Cheers,
Yves