Re: Intel or Solaris cross-gcc for PPC using newlib

"=FLEX0001=Hitesh Patel(Flexsilicon)" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been attempting to built a gcc cross-compiler for
> the PPC target hosted on either a Windows (98/NT) platform
> or a Solaris platform to use the newlib library instead
> of glibc.
>
> Most of the tools build ok but problems arise when trying to
> build the newlib library. I have looked at various archived
> postings from the mailing list but am still facing problems.
> OK, the request I have is simple, does anyone have
> binaries they have built successfully? Can you share these?

You don't mention what toolset target.  We build both both
Solaris and Cygwin hosted cross-compilers targetting
powerpc-rtems without too many problems.  Both platforms
have quirks/limitations that can cause various problems
when building cross-toolsets.

If using RTEMS, you could just grab precompiled tool binaries. :)

> Thank you.
> Hitesh.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985