Re: coldfire math when using gcc

Dwight Schauer wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using m68k-elf-gcc version egcs-2.91.66 compiled for use in uClinux
> coldfire. I'm using uClinux-coldfire-20000119.tar.gz and
> uClinux-coldfire-tools-20000119.tar.gz
>
> After some benchmarking I came to the conclusion that the hardware divide is
> not being used. Is there any compiler option to turn this on?

If this is the egcs-1.1.something release then it I suspect it will not
support the hardware divide or mac instructions.

> I'm trying to evaluate the uClinux floating point support to see it will be
> adequate for a particular application.
>
> Thanks for any help concerning this, or any direction pointing to the
> appropriate FAQs or HOWTOs.

Wayne Deeter, David Fiddes and others have been working on the support.
You can find info about it on :

  http://fiddes.net/coldfire/

I do not know the status of these patches or if anyone has attempted to
get them into the gcc and binutils sources.

--
 Chris Johns, mailto:cjohns@cybertec.com.au mailto:ccj@acm.org