Re: PPC EABI info wanted

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Bill Randle wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:59:20 -0800
> From: Bill Randle <billr@exgate.tek.com>
> To: Matthew.R.Wette@jpl.nasa.gov
> Cc: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
> Subject: Re: PPC EABI info wanted
>
> I know there were copies floating around during the early developmnet of the
> Linux PPC port. I found this:
> 	ftp://mirror.linuxppc.org/kernel-2.0/sysv_abi.7.25.gz
> There should be copies elsewhere, as well, including the original document
> source in Interleaf.

PowerPC ABI and PowerPC EABI are two different specs. I found both these
documents from Michael Meissner's page. I believe it is

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/~meissner

> 	-Bill Randle
> 	billr@exgate.tek.com
>

> Matthew R Wette wrote:
> >
> > I have the PowerPC EABI, Version 1.0 spec.  Many compilers/OSs seem to
> > support this.  However, if you read this spec, it makes many
> > references to "System V Application Binary Interface, PowerPC
> > Processor Supplement", by IBM and Sun.  However, I have not been able
> > to trace down a hint of this document.  I've searched docs.sun.com,
> > sun.com and amazon.com, but found nothing.  Does anyone know where to
> > get this document or perhaps a description of register usage for PPC
> > EABI?  I'd like to see answers to, for example, what are the
> > caller-saves reg's in PPC EABI?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Matt
> >
> > ------
> > Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Hans Dulimarta, Ph.D.        dulimart@[egr.msu.edu, computer.org]
                                 http://www.egr.msu.edu/~dulimart
Visiting Research Associate,  Electrical & Computer Engineering
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, (517) 432-7589