Breakpoint problem when running on gdb-4.18 arm/thumb simulator target

I built gdb-4.18 as arm (or thumb) target and tested a simple program which
was
compiled with arm-elf(or thumb-elf) target cross gcc. gdb abnormally exits
running
the program when reached any breakpoint. Internally gdb replaces instruction
at the breakpoint with another instruction which represents it's breakpoint
but
actually arm instruction simulator decoded it as undefined instruction or
undefined
kind of software interrupt. So we modified it and generated patch file which
includes
additional modification. (unfortunately I don't know much about it which was
done
by another member of our work group) Any kind of advice is welcome.

the  patch can be found at:
http://poppy.snu.ac.kr/~totohero/arm-linux/gdb-4.18-dal-patch
(any other better place?)

--