Re: Invalid Operands with Inline assembly

Stan,
Thanks so much.  You are completely correct and my examples are
compiling fine now.

Forgive me for asking but quite possibly you can explain something to
me.  For my SH7032, I have a particular assembly source file that
contains everything I need to use the serial port on the Hitachi part.
For example, it contains one piece of code that allows one to send a
string out the serial port.  So in another assembly file if I want to
send out "Hello World", I do the following:

DoHelloWorld:
	mov.l	pTxString,r4		! address loaded for global TxStr function
	mova	pHelloStr,r0		! get 'Hello World' string and put in r0
	jsr	@r4			! jump to address in r4 (global TxStr)