Re: HELP: The "-j" (jobs) option of 'make' does not work!

I assure you that I do many other things with these CPU's and they run fine in all
other situations (and have been doing so at this speed for about a year now). I
have my case open with a large fan blowing cool air in there, and when I feel the
heatsinks during intense usage they are only a bit warm and never get that hot
(they get hot if I try to run at 504MHz). Because they are always stable in other
situations I think I'll get the same result if I slow them down, but I suppose I
ought to give it a try.

Chris

thunder7@xs4all.nl wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 11:14:59PM -0500, Christopher Bahns wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm trying to use the "-j" option of GNU's make when building my m68k
> > cross-compiler so that it can create multiple jobs and do more than one
> > thing at a time, hopefully to reduce the build time on my dual-processor
> > machine.
> >
> > Intel Celeron 300A@464MHz (x2)
> >
> > But it eventually freezes.
>
> You have some nerve, to overclock you CPU's by over 50% and then
> complain if 'it eventually freezes'... This does not look like a
> crossgcc problem to me!
>
> Good luck,
> Jurriaan
>
> --
> It's sweet to be remembered, but it's often cheaper to be forgotten.
> GNU/Linux 2.2.17pre12 SMP 4 users load av: 0.07 0.02 0.00
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
begin:vcard
n:Bahns;Christopher