From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
[mailto:crossgcc-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com]On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Monday, December 06, 1999 3:12 PM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: powerpc target

I'm trying to build a Powerpc cross-compiler on OpenBSD 2.5  -i386
I got gcc-2.95.2, newlib-1.8.2  and binutils-2.9.1 and ran one-tree script
which built me a src directory
Now I'm trying to run build-cross.sh script - it kicks off the build and
looks like builds binutils successfully but then fails in gcc with the
following:

Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
/usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc/xgcc
-B/usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc/ -B
/usr/powerpc-eabi/bin/ -I/usr/powerpc-eabi/include -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC
-DHA
IFA   -g -O2 -I./include  libgcc1-test.o -o libgcc1-test  -nostartfiles
-nostdli
b `/usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc/xgcc
-B/usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc/
 -B/usr/powerpc-eabi/bin/ -I/usr/powerpc-eabi/include --print-libgcc-file-na
me`
/usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc/collect-ld:built in linker script:1:
syntax e
rror in MRI style script
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/buildtools/b-powerpc-eabi/gcc.
*** Error code 1

Couple of questions:
- First , what is it not happy about ? What do I do to correct the error?
-I'm  running build-cross.sh  with target powerpc-eabi ( per example on the
web) Is this the correct target to build OpenBSD PowerPC kernel on i386 ?
the messages refer to my machine as i386-unknown and the target I'm
building as powerpc -unknown-eabi. Is this OK  ? what environment variable
is it missing or is it normal?
- The samples on the web refer to "powerpc embedded" environment as needing
newlib. Do I need to use libc to instead ?
- Suppose everything compiled correctly - do I just run make in PowerPc
/compile? Or do I have to tell it somehow to use the cross compiler
instead? If yes, how ?

Thx Andy

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com