Re: eCos cross compiler questions [was: gcc 2.95 cross compiler]

Kai Ruottu wrote:

> Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > William Gatliff wrote:
> > > Do the "enhancements" in the eCos-specific gcc show up in the gcc archives
> > > anywhere, or are they only being distributed via the eCos web page?
> >
> > Yes, these are standard gcc features now.
> >
> > These options should definitely work in gcc-2.95, which I heartily recommend.
>
>  Probably you mean gcc-2.95.1 or newer ...

Sorry, yes I do - and gcc-2.95.2 is out Real Soon Now.

>  The eCOS-1990321 sources for ARM have the config files for thumb-elf, which
> target gcc-2.95.x don't yet know -- moving the configure-entry and the
> thumb-elf config files in 'gcc/config/arm' to gcc-2.95.1 sources and building a
> cross-compiler for the target seemed to work however... No torture tests etc.
> made, but compiling newlib, libstdc++ etc. with it and running the generated
> executables in the simulator with Insight-19990823 worked nicely...
>
>  Ok, the arm-coff, arm-elf and thumb-coff were already supported in gcc-2.95.1,
> so for just completeness the thumb-elf would be nice...

Ah, that was a bit of an oversight for 2.95. They are now in the gcc
mainline, so you could use a snapshot, but that wouldn't be very stable
probably :-/. What you've done is fine.

NB I've CC'd and set the Reply-To address to ecos-discuss, as this probably
too specific for crossgcc.

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...