Re: Re(2): motorola coldfire patches ?

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 4, 1999,  <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
> >gcc 2.95 does in fact support the coldfire.  It also supports m68k-elf as
> >a target to configure.  In fact, I built it this morning myself. :)
>
> Thanks. The only remaining problem is that my binutils refuses to
> configure for m68k-elf. I must be missing a version or some patches... I
> found several binutils and egcs patches for coldfire, and I have trouble
> finding out what is actually needed and what have been already included
> in the various packages (binutils, gcc, gdb for BDM, ...).

Weird.  I have no local patches to add m68k-elf to binutils 2.9.1  Just
to test. I unpacked binutils 2.9.1 from the original source and configured
it for m68k-elf on a Linux computer.  What is going wrong for you?

> I would be glad if someone could point me to the "latest" up-to-date
> stuffs for coldfire or eventually point me to the right web page to monitor.

David Fiddes maintains a fabulous site on ColdFire and MC68xxx embedded
development.  It is at http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/ and is a
good place to look for patches.  But I don't think you have to have any to
configure binutils 2.9.1 for m68k-elf or ColdFire.

--joel
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985