Re: Motorola HC11 Back-end

Hi Curt,

This is great.  I have used the HC11 for small robotics projects.  I found
some HC11 patches some time ago for gcc-2.6.x and it built OK.  I was
disasappointed with the lack of 32 bit support though (ie. long = 16
bit).  Do your patches add 32 bit arithmetic ?

I would forward this mail to the egcs mailing list (see
sourceware.cygnus.com for subscription details).  I'm not sure if it is
going to change to a gcc mailing list or what but it is still active.

I'm not sure how keen the maintainers are for microcontrollers < 32 bits.
If they are not keen then you can suggest a seperate collection of less
popular CPUs such as 6811, z80, etc.  These can be downloaded seperately
and patched with other gcc downloads if people want these other CPUs.

Good luck,
Brendan Simon.