Re: Re: ld question

> biguo@263.net wrote:
>
> > Hello,everyone!I am building a cross GNAT/RTEMS tools on i386EX board.The start address  of IDT/GDT and stack don't be defined in file linkcmds.Which file are they be defined?That is to say,how GNU ld define the start address of IDT/GDT and STACK?Another question:Is memory layout in file linkcmds only used to burn application into target board,not in GDB state?Thanks.
> > body of the message.
>
>   I've mailed this response to the RTEMS list as well:
>
>  The idt and gdt are defined in the data section -- see start.S.    The data
> section is copied into RAM from ROM prior to the switch to protected mode.
> There is no need to explicitly locate these tables.
>
>   The stack is also established in start.S, using symbols defined in the
> linkcmds script.
>
>   I don't understand your last question, but I will try an answer:  The
> linkcmds script is designed to "burn and run".  However,  GDB can be setup to
> debug the target via serial port ( "target remote" ) or ethernet card.  I
> myself have only debugged by serial port, although the ethernet debugging
> should be simple. The pc386 BSP should have examples.
>
> Hope this helps.

MR. erik.ivanenko:
  Hello!Because the addresses of reset,initial and test section in linkcmds are 0x3fxxxxx,these addresses only exist in i386EX board and such executable program  only can run in i386EX board,"burn adn run" is this meaning.Can these addresses be recognized by GDB?Can GDB debug the executable progrm compiled and linked in such linkcmds?Do I need to modify the addresses of reset,initial and text section in linkcmds if I want to debug my program in i386EX board with GDB?

首都在线--先进中国人的网上家园 http://www.263.net
免费邮箱 邮件杂志 签名邮件 邮件加密 邮件追身呼
搜索引擎 个人站点 在线游戏 网上聊天 网上挂号
金融王国 在线杀毒 跳蚤市场 软件下载 休闲娱乐