Re: ld question

biguo@263.net wrote:

> Hello,everyone!I am building a cross GNAT/RTEMS tools on i386EX board.The start address  of IDT/GDT and stack don't be defined in file linkcmds.Which file are they be defined?That is to say,how GNU ld define the start address of IDT/GDT and STACK?Another question:Is memory layout in file linkcmds only used to burn application into target board,not in GDB state?Thanks.
> body of the message.

  I've mailed this response to the RTEMS list as well:

 The idt and gdt are defined in the data section -- see start.S.    The data
section is copied into RAM from ROM prior to the switch to protected mode.
There is no need to explicitly locate these tables.

  The stack is also established in start.S, using symbols defined in the
linkcmds script.

  I don't understand your last question, but I will try an answer:  The
linkcmds script is designed to "burn and run".  However,  GDB can be setup to
debug the target via serial port ( "target remote" ) or ethernet card.  I
myself have only debugged by serial port, although the ethernet debugging
should be simple. The pc386 BSP should have examples.

Hope this helps.

begin:          vcard
fn:             Erik Ivanenko
n:              Ivanenko;Erik
org:            University of Toronto
email;internet: erik.ivanenko@utoronto.ca
title:          Supervisor, Controls Services
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard