EABI constructors & heap

Hi,

I'm building a cross-compiler with the option "powerpc-eabi" and I'm having some troubles with the following:

1: EABI assumes some initialisation for c++ constructor / destructors. I want to use the cross-compiler for c-code only so how can I disable the use of C++ constructors?

2: The linker complains about the following:

   __init
   __fini

   Which value should these references be initialised to?

3: How can I get malloc using the heap? My linkerfile looks like:

    OUTPUT_ARCH(powerpc)
    PROVIDE (__stack = 0x1300000);

    MEMORY
    {
      ram   : ORIGIN = 0x100000     , LENGTH = 0x1000000
      heap  : ORIGIN = 0x1100000    , LENGTH = 0x100000
      stack : ORIGIN = 0x1200000    , LENGTH = 0x100000
    }

    SECTIONS
    {
    ..
    ..
    ..
    }

   Using this, how can I tell the heap manager to use the heap memory section?

Erik van Hoek