回信:Configuration in the Building Cross-Compiler For ARM

> Hi.
>       I am doing my cross-compiler for ARM.I got a lot of problems
> in the work.
>
>      Now, I want to know how to configure the files such as
"Makefile.in",
> "configure" for the process of executing the "make" after the "configure"
> can reach my destination----a cross-compiler for ARM.
>
>   In my head,the process may be in this way:
>
>       1. rewrite the files "configure" and "Makefile.in", and some
> other *.h files in the directory ../egcs-1.1.2/gcc/config/arm which
> include some definitions.(How to do it, that I don't know!)

egcs-1.1.2 already supported arm-coff, so you don't have to rewrite
that. just use:

--->8---
configure --target=arm-coff --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
--------

and it will generate a suitable Makefile for you.  Use 'make cross'
to compile just c and c++ cross-compiler.

See the files under egcs-1.1.2/INSTALL for your information.

NOTE: you might need to install binutil if you haven't, check the
ftp-site for that.