Re: Floatting point operation on PowerPC

    Olivier> I have tested several options as -mhard-float or
    Olivier> different type fo cpu 603, 603e 604 604e with same result
    Olivier> (no floating point inst.)

Did you set the status bit in the MSW that allows your task to use the
floating point hardware?  This bit is present so that context
switching can be fast for task that do not need to save/restore the
floating point regs.  If you have this bit in the wrong state, then
you will get the "floating point unavailable" exception.  This
exception is to enforce that tasks that do not declare a need to use
floating point do not go ahead and do so anyway, thus clobbering other
tasks.

    Olivier> When I have tested -mcpu=cpu_type option with no-sense
    Olivier> value (as 9999) there is not any error message.

    Olivier> Do now if gcc is available for 740/750 ppc family?

Supposed to be available in June, so I hear.  I have been using the
ppc compiler without optimization for the 750.  Supposedly, the only
difference is when optimization is enabled.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj@elilabs.com http://www.elilabs.com/~rj  voice 847 543-4060