Re: Help needed with linking

>> Have you tried initializing x?
>>
>> Since it is uninitialized, x is probably being allocated to .bss or
>> COMMON.  Putting an initializer on x should cause it to be allocated
>> in .data.  You might try that if you haven't already.
>>
>> Art

That solves the problem for the example but that was just to illustrate
the problem. The real code looks like this.

	FILE *diagp = stdout;

I've got a little less control over that than I do with a simple
integer. I'd hate to have to rewrite the startup module to initialize
every global value. I may need to do that but that doesn't mean
I have to like it.

 - Joel