windows ce

Hi,
would it be possible to create a cross compiler (hosted on linux / dos /
NT ) that can create windows ce binaries? I know that gcc can emit the
code for the SH-3 and MIPS cpus so no problem there .. but what about
the libraries? I keep running into references to "startup" code and
"main" or "winmain" entrypoints in newsgroups and mailinglists, how does
this work?
I have all the libraries that are downloadable from microsofts site,
e.g. the win CE platform SDK 1.2, my problem is that this doesn't come
with the cross compiler which can be purchased separately for $199 and
requires Visual Studio 6.0, that's too expensive for me since I want to
write only one program, which program you ask? well, I am looking into
writing a program that loads a linux kernel, switches to windows CE
kernel mode, and executes the linux kernel.

void main()
{
  void *ptr;
  ptr = LoadLinuxKernel("\vmlinux");
  setkmode( TRUE ); // switch to kernel/privileged mode
  asm {
     jmp [ptr]
  }
};

Any help would be appreciated, also on a side note, which would be
easier to port a linux kernel to, a mips R3900 or the SH-3 ? my own
guess would be the mips, since a linux mips target allready exists..

Thanks,
Gerard Saraber
work: gsaraber@unlimitedsolutions.com
home: gsaraber@glasscity.net