CrossGCC FAQ update.

I think that the crossGCC FAQ is in dire need of being updated.  Most people
are using egcs when building cross compilers (well that's the impression that
I get).  The current FAQ refers to GCC-2.8.1, building libstdc++ from
seperate sources, etc.  Maybe we should have a seperate section for EGCS or
start a new FAQ "crossEGCS" ?  The latter MAY not live for long depending on
what Cygnus do now that they are the official maintainers of GCC.  If egcs is
to be rename gcc3 (ie. gcc-3.0.0) the crossEGCS maybe a bad name.  Maybe the
version numbers of the FAQ could be in sync with the gcc version numbers.
eg. crossGCC FAQ ver 2.x..x and crossGCC FAQ ver 3.x.x ?  The only problem
with maintaining multiple copies is keeping them in sync.  I'm more in favour
of having a common secition in the FAQ and having a gcc 2.x.x
section/appendix and a  gcc 3.x.x (egcs) section/appendix.

The FAQ desperately needs a section on header files for the target.  How to
install or pre-install them.  I constantly have problems building cross
compilers because of header files not being found.  I'm not sure where to get
them (newlib ?) or from another system (eg. linux, cygwin, mingw, etc).

I think the library section can be elaborated upon.  What is libiberty ?  Do
I need it ?  Do I have a choice ?

Maybe a section on ELF and a section on the specs file.  This could be
minimal introduction stuff with pointers to more detailed documentation.

These are my initial thoughts.  I'm sure there are others that would have
suggestions on new contents for the FAQ and possibly to improve existing
information.  Please put your thoughts forward and lets keep on improving the
FAQ.  Hopefully the FAQ can get to the stage where most (if not all) of the
basic questions can be answered without bombarding the list (I know that's
what I tend to do.  What other options are there ?)

Brendan Simon.