Unrecognised object file

Hi all,

Thanks for your help Scott - impressively quick! That got my assembler file
compiled OK.

Now I have a problem that the object file is not recognised as a valid
object file I think.

The following command line and error message show the problem.

gcc -Wl,-Map=heli.map -g -o heli.cof crt0.o sysman.o usrtsk.o helilog.a
crt0.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

My understanding from the documentation is that all unrecognised extentions
are treated as object files (.o is one of these). I believe that this
version of xgcc produces COFF files. How can I tell? Do I need to specify
an option for this (I cant find one)? Help me please?

Thanks
David Williams
DLC Software P/L
dlcsoft@jeack.com.au