Re: GDB build for a crosscompiler...

On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 10:12:51AM -0500, Paul Breed wrote:
> I'm trying to build the tool change on windows NT.
> The target is m68k-coff
>
> I have successsfully build the binutils, egcs1.1.2 and newlib.
>
> I am unable to build GDB.
>
> when I try to configure GDB with
>
> configure --verbose --target=m68k-coff --prefix=/gcc-m68k
>
> the configure fails.
>
> This exact same configure works just fine on Linux
>

> The end of the configure script .....
>
> >checking for ld used by GCC... no
> >configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH
> >Configure in /build/gdb/opcodes failed, exiting.
if you want a gdb running on m68, and your ld supports i386pe, you've
got trouble, I think. How to solve this, however, is far beyond me :-(.

> ld is present .....
>
> >bash-2.02$ ld --version
> >GNU ld 2.9.4
> >Copyright 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> >This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> >the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
> >  Supported emulations:
> >   i386pe
<cut>
Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important
lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities.